3-star OLB Derell Bedingfield Talks Top 5


Last week I was able to interview 3-star OLB Derell Bedingfield Jr about his Top 5. He is a standout defensive player from Benedictine High School in Cleveland, OH. Derell has 12 total offers and is down to a Top 5 of East Carolina, Howard, Marshall, Toledo, & UCF. 

I asked him to tell me something that stands out about each school on his list and what makes that school a place he may want to be, and here's what Derell said:

UCF- "Speaks for itself, large D1 in Florida continuously sending guys to the next level"

Toledo- "They've been there since Day 1, me and Coach Kehres have hour long conversations and that cost nothing but time and effort"

East Carolina- "It's just a place where dogs are at, couple alumni from my school (Benedictine) attend and I've over heard nothing but great things"

Howard- "They have an amazing caucusing staff that I'm intrigued by. I'd love to be coached by the guys there and with HBCU's on the rise, to be part of that next chapter in college football would be a dream."

Marshall- "It's smaller but they have the grit that matches my play style and have great people all around"


Bedingfield says there is no leader as of now and these are the five schools that he see himself being comfortable as a person and a player. As far as visits go, he tells me he plans to take some unofficial visits after he attends camp at FSU on June 6th.  

Derell also tells me his recruitment is still 100% open and if he were to get more offers it just means he has more options. Right now he is garnering interest from Minnesota, Youngstown State, Boston College, and Nebraska. 

He tells me he is looking for somewhere he is going to be able to call home, and not just the next 4 years but the next 40, somewhere his kids can enjoy when they're his age.

It was great being able to talk to Derell, he's a great player and an even better person, I look forward to watching his career unfold and where he decides to continue his football journey.

- Tyler Bannerman (@realtbannerman)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 QB Fernando Mendoza Discusses Commitment

2022 OT Jake Maikkula Discusses Top Schools

3-star OT Leyton Nelson Talks Top 5