3-Star PRO Jaxon Dailey Talks Commitment

 


Earlier this week I was able to interview 3-star Pro-Style QB Jaxon Dailey about his commitment to Arkansas State. Jaxon is ranked 648th nationally, 33rd PRO, & the 7th best player in Iowa with 7 total offers. He attends Southeast Polk High School in Des Moines, IA. Dailey chose the Red Wolves over Iowa State, Michigan, Buffalo & more.


When I asked what stood out about Arkansas State compared to other schools and why he chose them, he told me that the relationships he was able to build with the staff have been great and helped out a lot. Dailey also said he knew they were the choice when he went to campus to watch the spring game and it felt like the right place for him.


I asked Jaxon how he knew he was ready to commit and what it felt like to finally be able to say “I’m committed.” He told me “I felt pretty good about it right after I left Jonesboro. However I wanted to take a week or so and make sure that I was ready to make the decision. Being able to finally commit felt like a huge relief off of my shoulders. Especially being able to do it to a place like Arkansas State.” 


He describes the relationship with his coaches as really good, and he’s been able to learn a lot from them which spoke volumes to him about what they’re trying to build at Arkansas State. Jaxon thinks he will fit right in with how they play and it’s part of the reason he chose the team.


When discussing if he plans to take an official visit and if he’s been able to go on a virtual tour or visit with them, Dailey told me “I did, I got the chance to see the facilities and town over zoom. I also do plan on taking an official but haven’t gotten to be able to officially schedule it yet.“


Jaxon was also telling me how current players on the Red Wolves have reached out, congratulating him on his commitment to the team, and how he’s been able to talk to star QB Layne Hatcher and getting to know him a little bit. With the Sun Belt being an underrated conference, having 3 teams ranked just this past season (Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, & Louisiana), I asked if there’s any team he is looking forward to playing against, and he told me he can’t wait to play all of them and he is looking forward to competing.


I asked him what his goals for his senior season were and how he’s been doing to prepare for next year this offseason, he told me “Obviously everyone wants to win a state championship, but that starts with week one. We are focused on taking every opportunity to get better this summer in preparation for the season.” He also describes himself as accurate and smart with the way he plays, and how he likes to watch guys like Aaron Rodgers who can make any throw at any time, which is what he wants to be able to do.


Jaxon is a great player and a even better person, I can’t wait to see where this journey takes him and his career.


- Tyler Bannerman (@realtbannerman)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 QB Fernando Mendoza Discusses Commitment

2022 OT Jake Maikkula Discusses Top Schools

3-star OT Leyton Nelson Talks Top 5