Transfer WR Brandon Sanders Discusses Commitment

 


   Brandon Sanders is an FCS transfer from Bucknell who committed to Rutgers as a walk-on in early May. He recorded 23 receptions for 264 yards and 2 touchdowns this past season, which was shortened because of COVID-19 issues. 

 

Sanders tells me he chose to transfer from Bucknell because he wanted to challenge himself more and see where he stands among higher levels of competition. He also says "Bucknell gave me the best three years of my life, but in order to reach my long-standing goals, I felt like a had a better opportunity at Rutgers, so I had to go for it". 
 

The family aspect and opportunities stood out to Brandon about Rutgers, and they were some of the reasons he chose them. Another reason was the elevated level of competition in the Big 10 and his relationships with Coach Schiano and his staff. Sanders says he has a strong relationship with the staff, and he knows several members from his time at Bucknell, which made it easier for him to learn about the program at Rutgers. 
 

When I asked him how he might fit in with the team and their offensive schemes, he told me “I think that if I work hard and earn a spot on the field, then the rest will take care of itself. In the locker room I think I will be able to fit in quickly, I am someone who loves football and puts my heart and soul into every snap so I think that will speak for itself once I get to campus. In terms of the offensive scheme, whatever the coaches need me to do, I will make sure I do it to the best of my ability, in whatever role that may be.” He also told me he believes he can do what it takes to earn a scholarship if he does what needs to be done. 
 

When he committed a bunch of players reached out and welcomed him to the team. Sanders tells me he looks forward to getting a fresh start with the team, and how he has never been one to shy away from a challenge and making the decision to go to Rutgers puts him in a great position to reach his goals. 
 

He told me about his goals for this upcoming season, which are to find a role within the team and to help bring the team to the Big 10 Championship. Brandon is an extremely hard worker and with his work ethic, he could make a solid impact with Rutgers this fall. 
 

- Tyler Bannerman (@realtbannerman) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 QB Fernando Mendoza Discusses Commitment

2022 OT Jake Maikkula Discusses Top Schools

3-star OT Leyton Nelson Talks Top 5