C/O 2022 WR Sean Wilson Talks Recruitment

 


Sean Wilson is a 3-star wide receiver in the Class of 2022, he is ranked as one of the top players in the state of New York, and is one of the more underrated receivers of this class. He holds 12 offers from schools like Miami, Oregon, Virginia Tech, and more. 

He tells me one offer that stands out to him is Miami because “They are a big time school known for a great background, everything about them screams greatness and you know that’s something I’m looking to be a part of. When I look for a college it’s what can I do for you and what can you do for me. Wherever I go I want to leave a legacy for people behind me and be remembered as a great player”. A place like Miami can definitely give any player the opportunity to be great. Sean says he is basing his college decision on “Who wants me and genuinely shows me love”. 

Sean says he has been in contact with Marshall, Rutgers, Temple, Penn State, Notre Dame & more but they have yet to offer. The schools want to see him play in person before offering so they know how hard of a worker he is. He attended Rutgers camp on the 19th and plans to attend Paradise Jam Camp at Miami on June 26th. Sean added he wants to get to more camps but he hasn’t decided where yet.

When asked about his relationships with coaches from different schools he said “I would say it’s pretty good me and some of the coaches speak daily and some speak weekly but they make sure I’m good and check in”. He is constantly in contact with coaches and building relationships at the next level. Sean tells me “It feels surreal and I’m just a very humble person if you ask anyone around me, I never brag I’m not the type to talk trash or anything I just handle my business and go about my day. My effort and work on the field does the taking for me” when asked about how it feels to know all of his hard work and efforts are being recognized. 

Sean is a big 6ft 5in 210lb receiver with great athleticism and route running. He tells me he tries to model his game off of current Titans receiver Julio Jones, and mirror his amazing skill set. Sean is transferring to Canarsie High School in Brooklyn, NY where his goal is to get to 1k receiving yards and be the first to win a championship there. 

- Tyler Bannerman (@realtbannerman)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 QB Fernando Mendoza Discusses Commitment

2022 OT Jake Maikkula Discusses Top Schools

3-star OT Leyton Nelson Talks Top 5