JUCO DB Jacob Proche Talks Commitment

 


A couple weeks ago Coastal Carolina landed the commitment of JUCO standout CB Jacob Proche. He is set to enroll this summer and has the chance to be an impact player for the Chanticleers. Jacob tells me a visit was not needed because of the way Coach Chadwell and the staff presented themselves on virtual visits.

"Coach Chadwell really sold me once we got off the phone the day after the coaching staff offered me, he sets the standard real high for the players and I felt he challenged me to come in to be an immediate impact to the secondary and it was a challenge I was willing to accept" said Jacob when asked when he knew he was ready to commit. He tells me it feels great to be committed because in high school he wasn't recruited by any D1 schools, and how he's felt like an underdog his whole football career. He also said it feels like a big weight was just lifted of his shoulders. 

When describing his relationships with the staff, Jacob said "Its great, I love the relationship we grew over the virtual visit, they don't sugarcoat anything and I know that's what's going to make me a better player". Jacob tells me he is excited to learn from the staff at Coastal and is looking forward to this upcoming season. He tells me the coaches love the way he plays both as a nickel corner and outside corner defensively, and they also might use him on punt returns. Jacob fits the style of play well as they use a scheme set up to make the defensive back make plays.

Jacob is a great player who plays with a lot of aggression and passion. He tries to model his game after All-Pro safety Tyrann Mathieu, by playing the game to his best abilities every time he steps on the field. Jacob is ready for the competition in the Sun Belt, and believes he can come in and be an All-American caliber player. He has a lot of confidence for the season and he knows fellow Coastal cornerback D’Jordan Strong will only push him harder.

-Tyler Bannerman (@realtbannerman)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 QB Fernando Mendoza Discusses Commitment

2022 OT Jake Maikkula Discusses Top Schools

3-star OT Leyton Nelson Talks Top 5