ATH Zamondre Merriweather Discusses Commitment


 Recently, Boise State added yet another solid recruit to their 2022 class in 3-star ATH Zamondre Merriweather. He held 6 total offers and chose the Broncos over Florida State, Maryland, San Diego State, and others. Zamondre attends Valencia High School in California and is a Top 50 player in the state.

When asked about when he knew he was ready to commit, he told me “ I’ve been talking to the Boise State coaches since September. They were one of the first people to reach out to me. They established a relationship with my family and I really fast. Going to Boise has always been a dream of mine I just needed the opportunity. So after they offered I committed on the spot”. Zamondre also added “It feels good to say “i’m committed” the recruiting process was both stressful and fun. I’m glad it’s over and I feel like i made a great decision”.

There were a few things that stood out about Boise State to him including, the relationship with the staff. He also noted the facilities are a big plus and the staff believes he can make a big impact there. 

Zamondre is a deep threat receiver who could be an instant playmaker in the Boise State offense, he tries to model his game off of DK Metcalf & AJ Brown. The team plans to utilize his size to help him win 1on1 matchups and to develop as a deep threat, they recruited him mainly to play receiver however there is a chance he sees time at safety as well.

He seems ready to face the competition in the Mountain West, saying “ I feel the level competition. Is top notch. I think they could have played in any conference. And done great....I think with my speed, athleticism and size. I can do alot. When teams try to load the Box. And I'm 1 on 1 with a DB i think I have a good chance of winning that”. 

Merriweather is a player with a really solid upside and could be a two-way star at Boise State. He is slated to have another big year at Valencia and impress a lot of people

- Tyler Bannerman (@realtbannerman)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2022 QB Fernando Mendoza Discusses Commitment

2022 OT Jake Maikkula Discusses Top Schools

3-star OT Leyton Nelson Talks Top 5